want to coordinate THE best os/ow move team?
Complete Randy’s exercise with your field and office personnel to acknowledge the unique challenges both groups face when coordinating an OS/OW transport.
1. Review the seven field personnel questions and the nine office personnel questions and identify members on your team who you would like to participate. As a manager, it may be beneficial or interesting for you to write down your own answers. You may have other questions you would like to add.
2. Ask field personnel and office personnel their specific questions and have them write down their answers (complete separately).
3. Review the field personnel and office personnel answers, one group at a time. If desired, share the video with your team(s) to hear from industry participants. (Note: Videos are only available until April 1, 2020.)
4. Identify the differences in responses as a team. Work to determine the actual challenges each group faces. This should be an open dialogue discussion between the groups, resulting in a better understanding within your organization of daily demands.
5. Develop conclusions on how the OS/OW move team can work more effectively on future transports. Create an environment for continued discussions.
field & Office personnel questions
Field personnel video
office personnel video
Randy Starnes is currently the Business Development Executive at Kenco Bucket Trucks. He focuses on nurturing business relationships, helping develop Kenco’s current offerings, and championing their planned expansion into new markets and services. Starnes’ sales and business development experience spans more than 30 years, including 15 years in the transportation and logistics industry, and six years in drilling and upstream activities for the lower 48 states.